Big Bend Electric Cooperative, Inc. is a not-for-profit electric utility dedicated to serving our members electrical needs in Adams and Franklin counties of Washington state for the past 84 years. We continue our strong history of financial strength, stability, and respectable business practices. We have an immediate opening in our Ritzville, WA headquarters for a Financial Controller. This position reports to the Assistant General Manager and has primary responsibility for developing, analyzing, and reporting on quarterly, annual, and long-range financial plans, including providing financial support to cooperative partners, including select functions of Finance, Operations, Engineering, Legal, IT, Facilities, and overall cooperative analysis. This position is accountable for developing and presenting business models to our board of trustees for decision-making. This role develops, implements, and monitors financial planning, analysis, and internal controls processes for improved accuracy and efficiency. The ideal candidate will perform research to understand and communicate financial variance drivers and identify potential corrective actions.
Join our team and be a part of shaping our future as we manage growth in our service territory and an increasingly complex utility operating environment. Salary for this important position ranges from $125,000 to $155,000 annually. Big Bend offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverages along with retirement benefits in the form of both 401k and a defined benefit pension plan.
Please submit resumes along with a letter of interest to email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled.
- Lead preparation of Cooperative’s financial statements on a monthly and annual basis. Ensure statements are accurate and fairly present the Cooperative’s operating and financial performance. Provide internal and external reports that show the financial position and results of the Cooperative’s operation(s).
- Recommend and initiate Cooperative’s financial transactions and investments.
- Maintain Cooperative general ledger including posting journal entries, reconciling billing system to the general ledger, and generating/developing appropriate reports.
- Preparation and submission of all required regulatory, indenture and tax reports.
- Plan and prepare for the annual review of the Cooperative’s financial records by the Cooperative’s independent certified public accountants. Including preparing audit work papers and interacting with auditors onsite. Plan and prepare for other third-party reviews that may arise (i.e., Federal, State and other reviews).
- Work with management and staff to prepare financial forecasts and budgets (including the annual work plan, departmental, corporate and operating budgets). Recommend funding alternatives for annual budgets that include loans and/or rate adjustments.
- Maintain and/or enhance a system of internal controls and adequate insurance coverage to protect the assets and information of the Cooperative.
- Operate and maintain Cooperative inventory system including, but not limited to, maintaining stock numbers, generating appropriate reports, post physical inventory data, and update inventory levels.
- Operate and maintain Cooperative work order system including processing material usage and work order costs, closing work orders, generating work order reports, maintaining assembly units and updating and balancing plant accounts.
- Support benefits administration function internally and with outside benefits provider(s).
- Responsible for maintaining records for payroll, excise, property, and other taxes and filing reports on time.
- Support GM/CEO with analysis of employee benefits for accuracy and sustainability.
- Performs other duties as assigned for which she/he may be qualified.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
Certification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credentials strongly preferred.
Experience: Requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a similar position, or seven years of increasingly responsible experience in a related field.
Knowledge: Requires knowledge of intermediate and advanced accounting principles.
- Job ID
- January 1, 1970
- Until Filled