Start or Stop Service

Start Service

If you are starting electric service at a location that already has the electrical infrastructure installed (i.e. pole, lines, meter are already there), you will need to call our office during business hours and speak to a Member Service Representative.   They will instruct you to:

  • Complete and submit an application/agreement for purchase of power
  • Pay a deposit or provide a letter of credit from your previous electric utility (with active service throughout the past 12 months)
  • Provide a copy of your photo ID

The application can be returned to our office via fax, mail, drop box, in person, or email.

For more information contact our office at: 509-659-1700 or 866-844-2363.

New Construction: See our Service Requests page

Stop Service

It is important for you to notify our office if you are moving. You will be responsible for all usage until notification has been provided.

Please call us at: 509-659-1700 or 866-844-2363

Contact our office at least 2 business days prior to disconnecting services and provide us with the following information:

  • Date you would like the service disconnected
  • Forwarding address

You may be relocating and no longer need service from us, however, you still may receive capital credit dividend checks from BBEC in the future. Remember to always keep your address updated with us whenever you move, until all of your dividends have been paid back to you.