Service Requests

Members who need a new service built or want an existing service changed or removed need to contact Big Bend Electric Cooperative’s Engineering Department.

Service Request Process:

Step 1
Select the form below that is most appropriate. Please read the Service and Meter Requirements handbook for more information and contact our Engineering Department with any questions. Please make sure to fill out the form as completely as possible.

Residential (PDF)

New Construction & Upgrades

Irrigation (PDF)

New Construction & Upgrades

Commercial (PDF)

New Construction & Upgrades

If you are wanting to transfer an existing service into your name, please call our office at 509-659-1700.

Step 2
After completing the form, you may submit it to us by mail, fax, email, or at one of our offices.
We will respond to you as soon as possible.

Mail: PO Box 348, Ritzville, WA 99169-0348
Fax: (509) 659-1404
Office: Ritzville office/drop box, Mesa drop box, or Pasco drop box

Step 3
We will prepare and send to you a packet with any forms we need you to complete and return to us.

Fault Current Info / AIC (Available Interrupting Current)

If you need fault current/AIC information, please contact our office at 509-659-1700 and speak with a staking engineer.  Please allow up to 2 days to receive fault current calculations.  Official fault current calculations will always be provided in writing.

Step 4
Upon receipt of your completed forms, we will (if necessary) arrange an on-site meeting to decide where facilities will be placed, including the meter location.

Step 5
Our engineering representatives will prepare final construction documents and will forward the documents to construction crews.

For questions, contact us at 509-659-1700 or toll-free at 866-844-2363 during our regular office hours (Monday through Thursday except holidays, 7a.m. – 5:30p.m.) and ask for the Engineering Department.


  • When adding on to a building, please do not enclose the meter.
  • When building a fence, please do not block our access to the meter.

If a meter becomes inaccessible to Big Bend Electric Cooperative, you will need to relocate the meter to an accessible location at your expense. Please see the Service & Meter Requirements Handbook (PDF) for more information.

Subdivision and Plat Requirements (PDF)